Our semester of Winter 2014 classes comes to an end this week after 14 long weeks of fiddling, hula-hooping, canning, sewing, line dancing, fencing, belly dancing, cooking and much more. Not only is the semester ending, but our 2013-2014 year is also coming to a close. This has been our biggest year yet as Nashville Community Education with almost 2,000 students, over 300 classes, and 160 instructors.
We’ve reached some major department milestones this year and received much recognition for our hard work. This year we….
- Won a Learning Resources Network (LERN) Award for Best Marketing Strategy & Website
- Honored by the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) with a Parthenon Award of Merit for our first ever Annual Report
- Received a grant from the Nashville Bar Foundation to double the number of free legal classes during the upcoming year
- Received a grant from AmeriCorps for our second Volunteer In Service to America (VISTA) in a row
- Opened TWO new locations for classes, at Antioch High School (Fall 2013) and Wright Middle School (Winter 2014)
- Served a record number of 1,921 students in classrooms at three locations across the Nashville community
Thank you to all of our instructors for sharing your skills, knowledge, and talents with the Nashville community.
Thank you to all of our community partners for sharing your staff and time with out students.
And finally, thank you to all of our students who support community education by returning semester after semester to take advantage of Nashville Community Education’s professional and personal enrichment opportunities.
Let’s make this next year even bigger!